What data and criteria do you use to calculate the value of a website?
We use public traffic ranking data, search engine stats, social engagement data, ad revenue estimates and other criteria to estimate the value of any website.
Accuracy of our Website Value Calculator
While we realize that no online website value calculator | estimator | checker (or even human) can with 100% accuracy estimate your website value without having access to your site
logs, analytics and true ad revenue data, we have created a valuation algorithm that we feel is fairly accurate for the majority of websites on the internet.
Our website value calculator does not calculate the business value behind the domain. Example, if you have an ecommerce site with $10M in sales, our algorithm would have no way of knowing that.
We are constantly monitoring and adjusting our algoritm to be able to accurately calculate the value of a website based only on publicy available data.
Estimated Visitor Analytics
Estimated Ad Revenue
- We use the site Alexa rank to estimate number of visitors
Estimated Website Value
- We use the estimated number of visitors and a generally accepted algorithm of visitors/clickrate to forecast ad revenue (real or potential)
We use the following data as input to a fairly complex algorithm to reasonably calculate the value of a website:
- Alexa Rank
- Estimated number of yearly visitors
- Estimated Ad Revenue (real or potential)
- Search Engine Stats (Google, Yahoo and Bing)
- Backlinks (Google and Alexa)
- Moz Domain and Page Authority Score
- Moz Links
- Social Engagement Signals (Gplus, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Stumbleupon and Facebook)